Happy Friday! Last week, I took a little break from the blog and social media to focus on some projects I needed to get done around the house. It was a nice recharge and now I’m ready to dive right back in! Oh, and I also caught up on my DVR, binge watching Netflix, and movies I wanted to see.
Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes…
– Anne Lamott
I will get to my Friday Favs soon but first I wanted to share something that happened this week. It was an epiphany of sorts inspired by The DIY Mommy. On the days I am at home and not working my “day job”, even though I am still working here on the blog and on house projects it seems almost impossible for me to get dressed. FOR REAL. Like why is it so hard? Instead of spending an hour on my phone when I first wake up looking at Instagram and Facebook, why am I not getting a work out in, taking a shower, and getting dressed for the day? Why? Isn’t this like being a basic human being? Instead I spend the whole day in my yoga pants and tank tops feeling frumpy and gross. So I am joining Christina in her #NoJammiesMarch and getting my act together. 🙂
(post contains affiliate links, see disclosure)
- This is Us, obviously. Its only the best show on television right now. It’s a heart warming, tear jerking, relatable show that I dare say is even better than Parenthood. Gasp!
- These gorgeous flowers from BloomThat – who is ready for Spring? I know I am and this perfect neutral bouquet with succulents is amazing! Use my code allisonm04y12 to get $10 off your first order!
- These peep toe booties – again, I’m ready for Spring and I mean come on they were named after me. 🙂
- Down fill pillows – while working on our living room makeover, all of our toss pillow are now down filled and Pottery Barn has become my favorite for the best quality.
- This dining room from Life on Virginia Street – I am OBSESSED. It’s simply gorgeous!