I’ve been wanting to create a custom door mat for awhile now – so I gathered some supplies, googled some funny sayings and got to it. I’m a big fan of funny wording that reminds me of my favorite rap songs. Plus, I didn’t have to “spend his cash, yeah” 🙂
(post contains affiliate links, see disclosure)
DIY SUMMER WELCOME MAT
- basic coir doormat
- alphabet stencil
- craft paint, I used black but any color will work
- sponge stamper
- masking tape or painters tape
- small artist brush
- Decide where you would like your lettering to be (left, right, center, top, bottom) and use tape to create a straight edge as a starting point.
- Use the tape guide and place stencil. I started at bottom left and worked my way up to ensure my letters and spacing would be even. Using the sponge stamper and craft paint, carefully stamp all letters to your mat.
- Once all letters are complete and dry, using a small artist brush fill in the letters. The coir of the mat is thick, so lots of paint and filling in helps.
Once its dry, place it outside and enjoy your new mat. With a blank mat and an alphabet stencil you can create anything you want. I think I will create a few more (first I need to brush up on my rap songs) and possibly have one for each season.
This was such a fun and easy summer project. And now every time I walk through the door, I get a little song in my head. 🙂
LIKE THIS DIY SUMMER WELCOME MAT? PIN IT & SAVE FOR LATER!
Is this a project your wanting to tackle?